Just Asking

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Los Angeles Photos

I took a business trip to downtown LA this week, and, with a little help from Soto, I can finally post my photos. My LA "tour guide" told me that LA has restrictions on building height as a function of lot size, which gives downtown LA a much more open and airy feel than cities like NY and Seattle.

I ate lunch in this quadruple circular building. Very confusing inside due to circles and symmetry.

Nice decorative arch.

This photo makes LA look more crowded. My tour guide said the tall building on the left (with round top) is the LA library, and large contributions by a private citizen convinced the city council to accept that it would break the height rule, so it is taller and narrower than others.

Probably my nicest photo of a building.

LA concert hall, reminds me of Seattle's EMT.
Pretty island in a pond.

Reflections...

2 Comments:

At 9:01 AM, Blogger Diane L said...

Gee - LA looks pretty good in these photos! They have some very sophisticated architecture there . . . hopefully w/all the latest & best earthquake resistant infrastructure.

Hope you had a fun birthday!! :-)

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Pedicularis said...

Thanks. 58!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home