Just Asking

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Cold and Snow

If you watched Monday Night Football, you know Seattle was hit with a snowstorm last night. I know this won't impress the folks in Buffalo, but north Seattle got over a foot of snow, which paralyzed traffic for hours. My son left his car at work and walked home. My daughter left her car at home and rode the bus but could not get home after the football game. Her bus never showed up. She gave up and took a different bus to a friend's house.

The problem we have here is the hills, and with temperatures just below freezing, the streets and highways all become ice skating rinks. And most folks do not own tire chains.

I know this won't impress the folks in Buffalo, but it is supposed to get down to 16 F at our house tonight. I expect to use over 6 therms of gas to heat my house today (at a dollar a therm). I've got to go wrap the outside faucets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home