Just Asking

Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day

I went for a little walk with my father and my son yesterday. I really enjoyed it. We three all enjoy hiking in the woods.

I picked out a nice 7 mile loop on the eastern edge of the Cascade Mountains. There were lots of pretty flowers, including Lewisia rediviva, a rare beauty, named after Meriwether Lewis.

The only problem was that the road was heavily rutted and we could not get to the starting point. So we had to hike extra up the road to get to the loop, and back to the car. That extra ended up being 2 miles each way, for a total of over 11 miles. And we hiked it in 5 hours, including the lunch stop. With my 88-year-old dad. He was fine. He IS amazing! Happy Father's Day!

1 Comments:

At 6:14 PM, Blogger Iris said...

Just a little walk...

***10.8 miles with 1520 feet gain and loss***

Yeah, just a little walk.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home