Just Asking

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

What Was Your First Airplane Ride?

I am a little vague on this question because it took place nearly 50 years ago, but I think my first airplane ride was on a Boeing 727, Eastern Airlines, Seattle to St. Louis.

What was your first?

An alternate question is, what was the first airplane in which you sat? I have one friend who first sat in a P-51 Mustang, a WWII fighter aircraft with a piston engine.

What was your most daring ride in an aircraft? For me, it is a toss-up between being in the first flight to land on a new sea-ice runway on the Arctic Ocean in a de Havilland Canada Twin Otter, and being in a little Coast Guard helicoptor landing on a rocking and rolling ice breaker in the Arctic Ocean.

1 Comments:

At 7:35 AM, Blogger Diane L said...

I'm going to have think about this one but it may have been flying from Seattle to Phoenix. The bulk of my air travel took place between the time I was 21 to around 30.

For me, it is a toss-up between being in the first flight to land on a new sea-ice runway on the Arctic Ocean in a de Havilland Canada Twin Otter, and being in a little Coast Guard helicoptor landing on a rocking and rolling ice breaker in the Arctic Ocean.

::::gurgle:::: my stomach quivers at the thought. :-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home