Just Asking

Friday, December 15, 2006

Windstorm

With all the trees in the Puget Sound area, a windstorm with over 60 mph winds makes a huge mess. After last night's storm, we have over a million electric utility customers without power. On the way to work this morning, I only saw about 3 working stoplights out of about 30 stoplights on the route I drove. Every light was treated as a 4-way stop, and some had long backups. Lots of limbs on the ground and a few bigger trees, but there was an unusually large number of ornamental trees tipped over by the wind. Homeowners were out cleaning up the mess. We lost our power at 12:30 AM. Oddly, we have phone, cell phone, and water service. I had an early morning conference call, which I took from home, and left for work at about 9:10. I got to work at 10:45, with an empty gas tank. No gas stations were open (I later got gas after a half-hour wait in line). A coworker, who left his house at the same time as I did, arrived at 11:45!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home