Just Asking

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Chilly Hilly

The Chilly Hill is a annual bike ride event on an island in Pugut Sound. 33 miles, hilly with over 2,600 feet gain and loss, and chilly, since it is always held in February. I rode it in the mid-80's and again this year. It was easier last time. There were probably over 1,000, maybe 1,500 riders on my ferry to the island.

There are 22 major hills on the course, more or less, depending how a major hill is defined. Baker Hill is the longest and steepest, just under 300 foot climb. I climbed it slowly in my lowest gear, but there were about five other hills that were so steep I had to walk a bit.

It took me about 3.5 hours to ride the course. Here is a photo of the 1,000 or so riders loading onto the return ferry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home