Just Asking

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Decisions, Decisions

I’ve decided that I am being way too analytical in choosing my next vehicle. Sure, I’ve got to be a little analytical in considering price (under $10K, I'm buying an older vehicle to leave at trailheads to minimize the damage when it is broken into or stolen), gas mileage (high 20’s), avoiding liberal icons (like a Volvo), but I really should try to buy something that appeals to me. Driving feel is important, so I will have to test drive. Given all that, I am still torn between a Subaru Outback and a Honda CRV, about 2000 vintage. I am a bit envious of my friends who drive Outbacks, so maybe that is my motivation for looking at them. The CRV will get me up off the road, better view in the rain, and I like that. So I think I am looking for an old CRV for under $10K. I wonder if it even exists.

1 Comments:

At 7:55 PM, Blogger Pedicularis said...

LOL

Funny you should say that. I have a friend (male, 60) who keeps telling me that all Subaru Foresters are driven by Lesbians. I know it is not true because I see a few being driven by men, but not many.

Hey, CT, when are you going to start posting again? Last blog post on April 2005???

Actually, Hondas hold their value so well, I am finding that they are asking over $10K for 1998(!) Honda CRVs up here in the Seattle area. I have never paid over $10K for a vehicle (for me to drive).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home